This policy explains how Intronis, Inc. (Intronis) collects, uses and protects Personal Information for sales and marketing purposes, and as part of the Intronis backup service (Service).
- Personal Information means information that determines the identity of an individual, but excludes information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information (that has not been combined with non-public information).
- Registration Data: When registering with our Service you will provide Personal Information such as, name, address, phone number, email address, billing and technical contact information, and credit card numbers.
- Resellers will also provide end user names, addresses and other contact information (but no end user billing or credit card information is generally provided to Intronis, as that is solely between the reseller and end user).
- Online Inquiries: When inquiring with Intronis by way of completing an online form on our website you provide Personal Information such as, name, phone number, email address, and company information. These online inquiries will serve as consent for Intronis to contact you.
- Backup Data: When backing up you send us data and file system information of the system being backed up (typically the end user), including names of files, server logs and directories.
- Cookies: Our servers retain information in cookies about your session when you enter and use our site.
- No-SPAM: We will not sell or market to third parties the email addresses or other collected personal information of users.
- E-Mail: We will use Personal Information to send you promotional e-mail messages from time to time. You may unsubscribe from these messages at any time. Subsequent online inquiries will result in re-subscription as outlined in the “Collection” section above.
- No-Snooping: We will not look at the contents of the files you backup, but we may see your file ‘system information.’
- Use of Personal Information: We will use Personal Information to provide our Service, provide support, and to improve our Services.
- Aggregate Non-Identifiable Information: We use aggregate non-identifiable information to improve our Services.
- Server Logs: Our server logs record system information about backed up files (typically the end user files), but not the contents of the files.
- Encryption Keys: Here is more information about how we use encryption keys to secure information that is backed up with our Service; https://my.intronis.com/support/?kbid=KBBASE414SINORTNI
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Disclosure and Sharing
- End Users of Resellers: If a reseller is using our Services to provide a service to you, understand that information which you provide to the reseller (other than files our Services back up) is also governed by their privacy policies and practices. You should ask your reseller about this.
- Service Providers: We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except to certain service providers:
- credit card processors, and
- other contractors providing services on our behalf.
- Privacy Compliance by Service Providers: These third parties will be required to adhere to Safe Harbor Privacy Principles or we will require them to certify they follow equivalent privacy protection.
- Opt Out: Users can opt-out of having their Personal Information viewed by such third parties. Contact us (as provided below) if you would like to opt out of this disclosure to our service providers.
- Legal Requirements: We may be required by law to disclose your data (including the files you back-up with our Service among other things), and we will try to take steps to limit any such disclosure.
- Change of Ownership: If we are acquired or otherwise sell our business, we will transfer all of the user information (including Personal Information among other things) to the successor entity. We will try to notify you of any change in ownership or sale by either posting it on our site or by emailing you (at the email address in the system).
- Industry Standard Security: While we use industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, there is no guaranty that our services cannot be hacked.
- No Under Age 13: We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
- Updating or Removing User Information
- Account Update: You may, at any time, correct or update the information you have submitted to us by updating your account on our website.
- Cancelling Your Account: If you cancel your account, your Personal Information and other information may be retained for a certain period of time in our archive or backup records (based on our archival and data retention polices).
- Location of Processing: Personal Information may be processed in the country where it was collected as well as in countries where the laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent (e.g. United States).
- Privacy Complaints (non-European Union Safe Harbor Complaints) o
- Contact Us First: If you have a dispute or complaint about privacy practices, please first contact us regarding the issue. We will do our best to resolve it!
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Physical Address:
- European Union Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and Privacy Complaints
- Principles: Intronis complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Intronis has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Address:
- Contact the BBB: Intronis has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Intronis, you may contact the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR program at the address below:
- Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU SAFE HARBOR
- Links to Third Party Sites: Our websites may contain links to other sites, which are owned and controlled by others. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy, and you should review those policies.
- Revisions to this Policy: We may change this policy at any time. Notice of any significant revision will be called out on this website for a period of time.
Last Revised: 04/05/2016